Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chocolate & Coconut Mousse Parfait

Inspiration comes from many sources. One of my favorite places to search is not only the many books and magazines in my collection but, other blogs. If you follow me at all you would know I love anything "mousse". So when I happened upon one of my favorites, Cannelle et Vanille, and she was featuring chocolate & coconut as a mousse on top of a hazelnut cake base. Well, I just couldn't resist. The cake portion or "biscuit" as it is referred to uses hazelnut flour, cocoa powder, egg whites and butter. Along with the usual leavenings this is the quick and easy part. The results is a very moist and very tasty cake base to compliment the next two layers. Next up is a delectable chocolate mousse using the eggs' golden treasure (yolks) & a wonderful Calebaut semi-sweet chocolate. The mousse is lightened with whipped cream and is ready for it's place on the cake. The only thing I would change is at this point I would prefer the mousse to be a little lighter. (A good excuse to make this again, huh!) The third and last layer is a scrumptious coconut mousse. Picture this: you have rich and smooth coconut flavored cream mixed with fresh grated coconut set up with gelatin and then lightened with whipped cream. Oooo yeah.... Now the finale: Simply sprinkle the top with more fresh grated coconut! Well, I thought I died and went to baking heaven when I tasted this beautiful dessert. My husband (not a big chocolate fan) loved it. And my son, well he likes anything homemade! (Taught him well!) If you are interested in obtaining this recipe I suggest you visit Cannelle et Vanille's blog. You won't regret it! Enjoy :)

No comments: